Bendakaya veppudu translates okra fry,bendakaya veppudu is simple and home style Andhra recipe.This okra fry is opt with sambar,rasam rice recipes,and also best companion with soft chapathi,there are different versions for making this okra fry,here i submit simplest version of okra dry fry dish.
Bendakaya Vepudu – A Delicious And Tasty Bendakaya Vepudu Recipe
- 0.25 kg Okra Veggie
- 1.00 nos Onion
- 1.00 nos Dried Red Chilly
- 5.00 nos Curry Leaf
- 0.25 tbsp Urad Dal
- 0.25 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Salt
- 0.25 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Wash the okra veggies in water and wipe the okra using kitchen towel,Or else dry the washed okra as naturally.
- Chop the well cleaned [okra veggie into small pieces,and also chop one onion into fine slices.
- Heat a pan add some oil and plotters some mustard seeds and cumin seeds in medium flame,and add fine chopped onion slices into them and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add some fresh curry leaves sprig and [one dried red chilli and 1/4 tbsp of urad dal.
- When the onion gets saute now add some red chilly powder and little turmeric powder with them and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add well cleaned and chopped okra veggies slices with them and stir for a few minutes.
- Then add enough salt for this recipe and stir fry again for a few minutes till the ingredients are spread all over the veggies.
- Now cover the lid for few minutes and bring to boil for a few minutes in very low flame till it gets well fried.
- Now the added okra veggie gets well boiled and comes to dried,finally sprinkle some fine chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with hot or plain rice and sambar rice recipes.