Beetroot is one of the healthiest vegetable. Often make this poriyal for side dish purpose. This is best combo for sambar and rasam with white rice. Saute beetroot with some red chili powder and some tadka. Very simple to prepose, no onion needed for this cooking.
Beetroot Thoran – A Classic And Colorful Beetroot Thoran Recipe
- 2.00 no Beetroot
- 1.00 tbsp Red chili powder
- 2.00 tbsp Red chili
- 2.00 no Curry leaves
- 0.50 cup Coconut
- 0.25 tbsp Salt
- 1.50 tbsp Oil
- 1.00 no Coriander leaves
- 1.00 tbsp Urad dal
- 1.00 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Asafoetida
- 0.25 glass Water
- Heat the pan or kadai. add some oil. Oil get heated add some urad dal, it turn to golden colour, add some mustard seeds.
- Mustard seeds starts to sputter, when it stops its popping sound, add broken red chili and curry leaves. Fry for 1-2 seconds.
- Curry leaves and red chili are turn its colour then add a teaspoon of red chili powder and a pinch of asafoetida.
- Add finely chopped beetroot immediately after adding the red chili powder. Over frying of red chili powder in oil gives burned taste to the poriyal.
- Saute it for 10 – 15 seconds, sprinkle some salt. mix it well and pour little amount of water and close the pan.
- If the vegetable not cooked well means add sprinkle some water and cook it well. Add freshly scraped coconut to the vegetable mixture. Mix it well.
- Mix coconut with veggies. At this time add pinch of sugar to increase the sweetness, if you don’t want sweet taste means avoid this step.