Baby potato fry is made with south Indian style spices. roast the baby potato with dry powders and spices pastes. This is the best combination with sambar satham and rasam satham.
Baby Potato Starters – Spicy And Tasty Baby Potato Starters Recipe
Baby Potato Starters
- 0.50 kg Baby potato
- 5.00 no Red chili
- 3.00 gram Cinnamon
- 2.00 no Cloves
- 10.00 no Garlic
- 3.00 gram Ginger
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Urad dal
- 0.25 tbsp Red chili powder
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1.00 tbsp Basen powder
- 2.50 tbsp Oil
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 0.25 cup Coriander leaves
Baby Potato Starters
- Wash the small potato well, then Boil or steam cook potato. Here i use pressure cook the potato for 2 whistles.
- When the potato get boiled and cook soft, carefully peel the skin of the potato and keep it aside. Add some cold water to the boiled potato it easy the peeling process.
- Take red chili, cinnamon, clove, ginger and garlic. First dry powder the cinnamon, red chili and clover, then add ginger, garlic. Make smooth paste with addition of some water in mixer grinder. keep it aside.
- Take peeled potato in wide mixing bowl. Make sure there is no mashed or half potato are there, it spoil the recipe.
- To the peeled potato, add already grounded red chili, cinnamon, clove, ginger and garlic smooth paste to that potato. Mix the potato with spoon.
- To this marination add a pinch of turmeric powder it give colour to the recipe and then add salt to this.
- Add some red chili powder to boiled potato. Marinate the potato well with all paste and dry masalas. Mix it well.
- Mix all the masala and paste well with potato. Marinate well and keep it aside for 5 – 10 minutes. Mean while Heat another kadai.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil to the kadai, Oil get heated add urad dal, fry it till it turn golden colour then add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds stop its spluttering sound and poping, carefully add already marinated baby potato to the mustard seeds seasoning.
- Roast potato well on medium flame, saute on 1-2 minutes interval, Fry till raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes out and roast well.
- Sprinkle basen powder or yellow gram powder over the fried potato, it give amazing flavor and crunchy taste to the potato.
- Fry on medium flame no need to add water to fry, add a teaspoon of oil over the fried potato, it give fried outer layer to the potato, Finley add freshly chopped coriander leaves to the potato fry.