This is made from white chick peas. They have to be soaked overnight and then boiled in a pressure cooker. The chat is made using potato and coconut cubes. Topped with onion and chili slices and it is served with lemon juice to give it a tangy taste. It is topped with bhujya before serving.
An Wonderful Tasty And Homemade Aloo Matar Curry
Aloo Matar Curry
- 0.25 kg White Peas
- 1.00 nos Potato
- 5.00 tbsp Coconut Cubes
- 1.00 nos Onion
- 2.00 nos Chili
- 0.50 nos Lemon
- 1.00 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1.00 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 0.25 tbsp Sugar
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric
- 2.00 tbsp Bhujiya
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Red Chili Powder
Aloo Matar Curry
- Wash and soak the white peas overnight so that they become softened and boil them in a pressure cooker after that.
- Wash, peel and chop the potato into small cubes. – Cut the coconut into small pieces by scraping with the knife and then cutting into cube shape
- Chop an onion and a few green chilies into very fine pieces. – Make a paste from the ginger. – Make a powder from the garam masala
- Heat 2 spoon oil in a kadai and add the cubed potato with a sprinkle of salt and deep fry them till they turn golden
- To the fried potato pieces above add the coconut cubes and deep fry them too till they become slightly brownish in color.
- Once the mixture above is deep fried add the turmeric and stir very well to mix them uniformly for a minute or two.
- Add the boiled white peas to the mixture above and mix well. Add the sugar and red chili powder
- Cook the above mixture by adding half a cup of water and mix it very well and let all the ingredients blend well, cook till the water is drained and then it can be served with garnishing.